Sew it Yourself MLM company clothing

If haven't heard of MLM companies that sell clothes, I'm guessing you have seen it, but didn't know it. It seems to be EVERYWHERE! I have heard people rave and rave about how soft the fabric is, pretty designs, easy to wear pieces, etc. So I had to check it out for myself and attended a Facebook popup I was invited to.

Want to make your own - here are some patterns to try. I have an additional post for MLM company fabric and fabric alternatives HERE. Pretty much all MLM company items are made of poly blend fabrics and there are many places to buy the same style of fabrics.

Leggings - $25

There are so many legging patterns out there. I think the Everything Your Mama Made (EYMM) Get Moving Leggings are the closet to the style and fit of the infamous leggings.

The best FREE legging pattern is the 5 out of 4 Ninja Pants. They have so many rise options, and go up to a 5X. Get the code to make them free in the Facebook Group. Find my post about them HERE.

There is also the Peg Legs from Pattern for Pirates (P4P). The Peg Legs have a lower rise and slightly wider legs. The Peg Leg pattern is free with a code from joining the Facebook Group.

Plain Tee - $35


There are so many simple t-shirt patterns out. The Wardrobe by Me Wardrobe Builder Tee, Greenstyle Creations Lacy Slope hooded Tee (without the hood), and there are others.

Stretchy Knit Dress with Box Pleat Skirt - $65

I think the Love Notions Bluzette (the dress has many options and the right combination would make this dress) is close and so is the Greenstyle Creations Laurel Tunic and Dress (without the cowl). Also the Princess Skater Dress from Dandelions N Dungarees is very similar.

Dress with fitted Bodice, scooped neck and full circle skirt - $48

This can definitely be replicated using the P4P Sweetheart Dress (with solid bodice).


Raglan Tee - $35

There are also a lot of Raglan patterns out there.

My favorite is the Duck Butt Designs Really Awesome Women's Raglan (RAWR).



Hey June - Lane Raglan


Patterns for Pirates Slim Fit Raglan

And Greenstyle Creations Centerfield Raglan.

Swingy Tee with Side Slits

I think the Laundry Day Tee from Love Notions would look like this if you did the side vents like theirs. Free with code when you join the Facebook Group.

I made a separate blog post on recreating the swingy tee from the Laundry Day tee - Find it HERE.
Here is a photo of my DIY Swingy Tee


Maxi Skirt

These could easily be made with the Greenstyle Creations Sarah Nation Maxi Skirt. It can be made in woven or knit - so perfect for both. The Lola could be made as a shorter version.


Dolman Tunic with high lo hem - $35

There are several patterns that I think are close.
The Weekender Tunic (made with short sleeves) from 5 out of 4 Patterns.

The Piko top from Everything Your Mama Made (EYMM).  See my in depth blog on this easy hack (you just add length) HERE. Below is my DIY dolamn tunic using the Piko top .



And the Daisy Drop Shoulder Tee from Wardrobe by Me.

Cardigan

This could be recreated using the P4P Summer Kimono (just make it longer).

The KZJO Studio Grace Summer Cardigan is also similar and is already a longer length.




Mini Skirts

All these can easily be made with the Love Notions Sybil Illusions Skirt. The Sybil Illusions Skirt has numerous options.

The Cassie can be made using the free Pirate Pencil Skirt from Patterns for Pirates. Join the group to get the code to make it free.


Form Fitting Knee Length Dress - $45

I think the Greenstyle Creations Katie Dress is very similar.

Floor Length Maxi Dress with Fitted Bodice - $60

This dress could be recreated using the P4P Boundless dress.


Want to make a Swing Dress with a Hi Lo Hem?

 - check out this blog at Patterns for Pirates.


As you can see it would not be difficult to sew your own MLM company collection. I have included the pricing of the items I could find, but I don't know the fabric requirements for all the patterns listed above. Most of the tops I listed take less than 2 yards of fabric (most are 1.5 yards). I think these are pretty break even if you buy them or make them. The dresses I listed probably take between 2 - 3 yards. I think these would also be about even for cost of buying versus making them. Since I am petite and MLM company is all standard sizing, I will definitely get a better fit if I make the items myself. If you enjoy sewing your own clothes, you definitely can make these items yourself.

If you enjoyed my blog, check out my Facebook page and get notifications of new posts.


Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. great post! Recently went to a party and loved the stuff, but found the dresses were a bad fit on my long torso. I'll have to check out some of these patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If the waist lines were about 3 inches lower, they would be perfect!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I also have a long torso, and am also frustrated that while I love the dress I can't find a good fabric that I like - I will try the skater dress pattern, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! I have been in a love affair with LLR for several months now, but am very disappointed in the pilling that is already happening on the tee's I have bought. I cold water wash and line dry as per their instructions. I hope to have more luck with the fabric you listed here if I want to make them. I have come back to sewing after many years away and am loving it and disappointed in the quality of my LLR now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you found a pattern close to the kids leggings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a little girl, but when I make kids leggings for friends and family - I use the free pattern from Halla. It's wonderful! http://xn--hallfabrics-08a.com/sew/patterns/halla-leggings-pattern.html

      Delete
  5. I am 100% addicted to LLR -- crazy expensive habit!!!! And now my daughter --- do you have any ideas for the Dot Dot dress for little girls?

    ReplyDelete